See Proteas’ Squad And Fixtures For The Clash
Cricket South Africa (CSA) has named Proteas’ squad for the T20 International Series in England.
The three-match T20 International Series will be played immediately after the end of the ICC Champions Trophy Tournament in June.
BuzzSouthAfrica has confirmed the fixtures for the T20 International Series clash. They are as highlighted below, all in Central Africa Time.
- June 21: 1st T20 International, Southampton (19h30)
- June 23: 2nd T20 International, Taunton (18h00)
- June 25: 3rd T20 International, Cardiff (15h30)
Check Out – ODI Bowling Rankings: Kagiso Rabada Emerges The Best In The World
Also, we’ve confirmed the Proteas T2o International Series squad. The players named in the squad are:
- AB de Villiers (Multiply Titans)
- Farhaan Behardien (Multiply Titans),
- Reeza Hendricks (bizhub Highveld Lions)
- Imran Tahir (Hollywoodbets Dolphins)
- David Miller (VKB Knights)
- Morne Morkel (Multiply Titans)
- Chris Morris (Multiply Titans)
- Mangaliso Mosehle (bizhub Highveld Lions)
- Wayne Parnell (Cape Cobras)
- Dane Paterson (Cape Cobras)
- Andile Phehlukwayo (Hollywoodbets Dolphins)
- Dwaine Pretorius (bizhub Highveld Lions)
- Tabraiz Shamsi (Multiply Titans)
- Jon-Jon Smuts (Warriors)
Looking at the squad, only one new cap can be identified – Dwaine Pretorius. Nonetheless, he has been a regular member of the ODI squad during the past season.
As learnt, AB de Villiers, due to the absence of Faf du Plessis, the regular T20 captain, will lead the Proteas in the England Clash.
Speaking, Linda Zondi, CSA National Selection Panel convener, thanked Farhaan Behardien for leading Proteas in their recent series against Sri Lanka.
See Also – SAFA Talent Search For Women Footballers: Here’s All You Need To Know
Afterwards, the convener said:
“We are indeed fortunate in the quality of our team leaders and Farhaan remains very much part of this group. We have also been impressed as a panel by the quality of players coming through our franchise and South Africa ‘A’ system.
And, we are ready to give further opportunities to Andile Phehlukwayo, Mangaliso Mosehle, Jon-Jon Smuts and Dane Paterson who all made their debuts in the recent series against Sri Lanka. Unfortunately, Lungi Ngidi could not be considered because of injury.”
Zondi added that T2o International Series squad is an exciting opportunity for the newcomers to play alongside world-class and experienced players like AB, Farhaan, David Miller, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris and Wayne Parnell.