12 Politicians Who Visited Guptas’ Saxonwold Mansion
Gupta Emails: A tranche of leaked emails dating back to 2012 has shown how top politicians were invited to the controversial family’s mansion in Saxonwold mansion and exactly when they honoured their invitation.
An email appointment calendar belonging to the family indicated that the visitors included influential members of provincial and national governments.
See Also: Absa Threatens To Shut Down Madiba-Zuma’s Account
While many of the visitors admitted visiting the family, others insisted the visit is a private business. However, some denied impropriety while a few of them declined to comment on the matter.
BuzzSouthAfrica understands that among the family’s guests were:
- President Jacob Zuma’s former private secretary, Delsey Sithole.
- Former government spokesman Jimmy Manyi.
- Free State Premier Ace Magashule.
- North West Premier Supra Mahumapelo.
- Mineral Resources Minister Mosebenzi Zwane.
- Obed Bapela – Former deputy minister in the Presidency, currently Deputy Minister of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs
- Peter Thabethe – Free State department of agriculture and rural development.
- Elzabe Rockman
- Dina Pule
- Former SA Airways board member Rajesh Naithani
- Former Eskom board member Romeo Kumalo
- SABC deputy board chairman Thami ka Plaatjie
President Jacob Zuma’s private secretary, Sithole admitted sending her son’s CV to Tony Gupta, asking him to give him an internship in his company. She also forwarded a guest list for a Jacob Zuma Foundation dinner to the CEO of Gupta-owned company Sahara, Ashu Chawla, in October 2012
However, she added: ”I was no longer private secretary to the president in 2013. This was a request in good faith to a contact. It was not linked to any favours or expectations on his side.”
Minister Zwane, who is one of the family’s strong vocals visited the Guptas when he was the Free State rural development and agriculture MEC.
Deputy Minister of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs Bapela confirmed knocking on the family’s front door, saying he has known the family/ has been a friend to the Guptas since 2001.
Peter Thabethe visited their Saxonwold mansion once when he worked with current Mining Minister Zwane.
See Also: The Supa Mega Show: AKA Lands Radio Slot On Touch HD
Pule admitted visiting the family with Free State Premier Ace Magashule in October 2012.
Lastly, former Eskom board member Romeo Kumalo claimed the family had lobbied him to place advertising in The New Age newspaper when he was working at Vodacom.