11 signs he thinks you’re going to be together forever
It’s notoriously hard to tell what guys are thinking, in regards to the takeaway you picked for dinner or what he sees for your future as a couple. But if he thinks these 11 things are true about the two of you, he probably believes your relationship has real, long-term potential.
1. You have the same goals. It’s important that you both see yourselves starting a family together (or not), or living in the suburbs, or backpacking across the world. Being on the same page is going to be way more important in the long run. It’s way more important than both of you being super into Twenty One Pilots or both having surprisingly similar Netflix recommendations. You can always buy two TVs if you hate the same shows, but you can’t go off and have a second secret family if your partner doesn’t want one. I mean, you can, but that’s really unhealthy.
2. They understand what you need from them and when. It’s less about being kind and caring, and more about knowing when to be kind and caring. Maybe if you’re upset, you’d rather be alone than have your partner in your face trying to help. Your partner needs to be respectful of your emotional boundaries and needs (and vice versa). Understanding each other’s nuances goes a long way, especially if you’re not always vocal about what you really need.
3. You’ve already been through the tough times. No relationship needs a trial by fire, but if you’ve helped each other through some of the darker moments, you already know that even at your worst, your relationship is stable.
4. Your relationship just isn’t about sex. Having someone you connect with on a physical level is great, but if you think they’re a horrible human otherwise, there’s no way it’s going to last. It’s fine to look past someone’s flaws if they’re just a friend with benefits (and maybe “friend” is a stretch here), but your whole relationship isn’t just fighting and makeup sex.
5. But the sex is great. Sex is still important, so it’s still nice to have mind-blowing, bed-breaking sex that leaves you literally weak at the knees.
6. You know how to fight, but you also know how to make up. Bottling up your feelings to avoid a fight is easy, but it’s going to be awful in the long term. Having lots of fights isn’t bad, as long as you know how to make up afterward (which might have a lot to do with no. 5).
7. You learn from each other constantly. You push each other to be better, you challenge each other, and you’re always introducing each other to new things. Sure, you might “comfortable,” but your relationship never feels stale or boring.
8. You don’t have to do anything together. You know you’ve got something good when you can just enjoy sitting together outside, taking in the breeze, and not even talking.
9. But your date nights are out of control. You can still go out and find fun things to do together. Whenever you find out about something going on in your area, you know you’re taking your partner.
10. You can tell each other anything. There are no awful secrets. You know everything about each other (even the embarrassing stuff) and you don’t judge each other because of it.
11. You trust them. This is really the foundation of your relationship. There’s no jealousy. There are no secrets. You don’t need to desperately flick through your partner’s phone while they’re in the shower. You feel comfortable and safe with them. There’s a stability you haven’t had in other relationships.
Source: UK Cosmo