Breakfast Yam Cups Recipe – Information Nigeria Women
I am not a morning person which translates to not being a breakfast person. I have breakfast maybe 15 mornings a year. The mornings I do try to have breakfast during the week, I am almost always late to work.
This past weekend I challenged myself to eat breakfast for an entire week, to make my task easier I ventured to create a make-ahead breakfast that was easily microwaveable. Outcome of my experiment were these delicious yam and egg cups. Make this ahead, store in the fridge and simply warm them up for a minute or two in the microwave. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did
- Fresh African yam – 550g (About 6 regular round pieces)
- Fresh Eggs- 5
- Chopped vegetable of choice – 2 cups (I used Onion and peppers)
- Salt – to taste
- Maggi – 1 cube
- Cornedbeef- 1 cup
- ¼ cup – melted butter
- ¼ cup – milk
- Other seasonings of choice
Utensils – Baking dish or muffin pan
- Place the cut and washed yams in a pot of salted water. Cook until tender (time required will vary based on new Vs old yam). Drain off excess water.
*While the yam is cooking *
– Season the chopped vegetables with salt, pepper and any other spices you prefer. Set in the fridge
– Whisk the eggs, maggi cube, salt, seasoning and spices. Add in the corned beef. Set in the fridge
– Set your oven to 350 F
- Mash up the cooked yam. Seasoning with salt and pepper. Add in butter, milk, egg mix and vegetables mix. combine
- Generously grease your baking dish or muffin pan. Pour the yam batter into the bakeware.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (yam is done when toothpick insert comes out clean). Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Serve with fresh juice or enjoy as breakfast on the go